BattleBlock Theater, of course, would be unplayable if there was no "soil". That's when the blocks come in. There are multiple kinds of blocks:
- Normal Blocks - No special effect.
- Fading Blocks - Looks like normal blocks, but has no substance, resulting in the player being able to jump through them.
- Lava blocks - Bounces the player.
- Laser blocks - Fires a horizontal or vertical laser beam depending on the position of the block.
- Hover-blocks - Hover-blocks are hovering blocks, moveable by the player.
- Bubblegum blocks - Blocks you can wall jump off but slow you down
- Bomb blocks - Blocks that explode after a while once something has touched them.